Tuesday, April 25, 2006

There is a God...!!!


So I starting to feel so much better. This is such a relief, as long as it continues, and I can have my full voice back by Saturday. I am supposed to go drinking tomorrow night, which is fine, but I cannot even think of going near a cigarette. Lois' wedding is too important to jinx or whatever just for one smoke. Luckily, I only work today at like seven thirty, and then off the rest of the week.

I cannot wait to see Melissa on Saturday. In fact, I won't get to talk to her until after the actual wedding as I'll be preparing at Bob's place, while Lois is at her Mom's house. They gave me an errand to do this week, get four 12 packs of soda by Thursday, hahah. Oh the weird little things people need the week of a wedding. Slowly getting my violin in shape for Saturday too. It's good to feel needed and useful for once. I know it's just going to be great, but strange too, as Lois is my first close friend to be married. Well, not counting Oona, but I haven't heard from her in a while, as usual, so that's different.

I know this is a weird thing to say, but is it odd that I feel a bit saddened too. It mostly stems from the fact that I will never have this. Not in quite the same way, but at least I can live vicariously through my friends. If only... well maybe society will change by then. This is one thing that I will try to work on as a lawyer, because I feel it is an injustice. Funny, how even a year or two ago I could have cared less, now as I get older I realize how important it is that I be able to marry. Firstly in God's eyes, then in the eyes of the State.

Equality. That is what I want, and I cannot settle for anything less anymore. To stand for less is to admit to being lesser. And that will not be tolerated. One way or another, I will make a stand!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home