Sunday, August 27, 2006

"The game..."


So apparently there is this game that goes on. Everyone plays it and sometimes the rules are easily and readily defined, while some have no clue from minute to minute what the rules will be for the day. That is what I feel goes on in my life. Everytime I turn around, the game changes or evolves, but I did not even though there was something wrong with the previous directions. If I did not truly adore one the person, two the challenge, and three the game itself I would have given up ages ago. However, that does not mean it is always right or fair for these changes to be made all the time. I become truly frustrated at these moments, wishing so hard that there could be some sustaining attribute, but I realize, in effect the lack of stagnation is what makes the game fun and so lasting.

When will the game end. I have an idea, and I will have to wait to see if I am right. For now, let us just say it will come to either the best or worst of terms. Great sadness or great elation will come at this time, and I can honestly say I do not know which feeling will come with which ending. The rules are about to change again I fear, but this time, on my terms!

Law school is almost two weeks in, and I have learned something. It is possible to have friends who are cool, compassionate, and receptive to myself just how I am. Seems like a dumb thing to notice, but even in college I met my friends under far different circumstances that how we ended our educational career. Also on my learning curve is the fact that I am going to do very well, though it will take a hell of a lot of work. I never imagined I would enjoy school as much as I do. The ability to use my mind and persuasiveness in class, and in general makes me feel alive. I am once again surrounded by new ideas and new people. I must have been drowning in the insipidness of those here in Lancaster. Now once again, I am free. The ride will be long, and tough, but if done right fun too. And I will learn a few new tricks to better play the game of life, and to succeed too in "the Game..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home