Monday, August 07, 2006

"The other nite, dear,
As I lay sleepingI dreamed I held you in my arms.
When I awoke, dear,I was mistaken
And I hung my head and cried.

You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine.
You make me happyWhen skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear,How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away"

Wow, I have been watching way too much Queer as Folk lately. But I wanted to watch it all the second I opened the gift box on my birthday this past Friday. I got the entire fifth season and love it!!! Fitting that I keep seeing all these shows I loved end or own the ending seasons seeing as I am ending one part of my life to start another. It is dreadfully difficult but completely necessary. Some things are destined to change, if not for the better at first, then for the better in the long run.

As for others, well I do not intend on anything really shifting at all. After the past few nights and all the dreams I have had, I know that some things just never change at all. The song that is at the top explains it all. Amazing how some music or lyrics just put everything into a succint description that one never may. For the past few weeks I have had the occurence that this song speaks of. I mean of course the obvious would be that I will miss you and already miss you. The less literal meaning must then be that I am searching and desiring something that is not there. But what can that be? I am so far at a loss, though it is right at the tip of my subconscious.

The beach is going well thus far. I am still able to stand my own family and no large arguments have ensued yet. But the week is still young. I realized yesterday that this is our very last family vacation due to Drexel's summer schedule. It sucks, but had to sooner or later. I am sure we will all still congregate at times other than normal holiday events, but it will just come less frequently. Plus, family as a term encompasses so much more than it does as a child. My friends are my family too. My birthday was the perfect example of another type of reunion.

It went spectacularly. I enjoyed every moment and will hold onto the memories of that night whenever I feel isolated from the world in law school. It is bound to happen. Though I can now see that there will always be those whom I love and love me back. My 25th birthday was the greatest show of love and emotion I could have desired. I am content... And nervous as hell about the coming move this weekend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home